Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Welcome to FanBoyWonder

Howdy! My name is Chuck Wisniowski, I'm a fanboy and I'm proud of it.
This blog is an extension and a realization of the many bull sessions I've held with a few dedicated fans over the years, including John Micek, my best pal and once and future writing partner, as well as Dan the owner Brainstorm Comics, my fine local comics store in Frederick, MD (shameless plug) http://www.brainstormcomics.com/. Roger Ebert I am not but I've got opinions and I'm not afraid to share.
FanBoyWonder is also a continuation of sorts of a newspaper column called "Thought Balloons" that John Micek and I used to pen when we both used to slave at a small daily newspaper in Torrington Conn.
John, who unlike me is a professional blogger, will contribute his two cents when his schedule permits and I'll leave it to him to introduce himself.
I don't pretend to know all there is to know about comics and sci-fi but after three decades of dedicated fandom I can declare that what I do know, I know quite well.
In comics, my interests these days are mainly DC Comics. I used to be a great collector of Marvel Comics and remember its glory days quite fondly, but the "House of M" is a place I don't recognize anymore and don't really want to get to know.
On the sci-fi front, while it is not fashionable to admit, I've been a Star Trek fan through thick and thin but I never managed to drink the Kool-Aid or the Romulan Ale. I also dig the Stargate shows --Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis--both are entertaining if you don't expect too much.
However, the real deal of the moment is the new Battlestar Galactica. BSG Exeuctive Producer and head writer Ronald Moore is an exile from the Star Trek kingdom who took a cheesy Star Wars knockoff from the '70s, "reimagined" it and produced the best show on television....not the best sci-fi show but the recently named best television show of 2005 by Time magazine.
Like the sign says up top, this blog is a forum of serious reviews and commentary about Comic Books and select sci-fi. Got an opinion, please share. That's why we're here.
Enjoy the ride.--CW

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Online Universities